Many football lovers ask how play at FPL, the Fantasy Premier League, that is the official fantasy football game of the English Premiership. It is the biggest and most popular fantasy football platform in the UK. The user base around the world is more than 5M according to the statistics. In this article we answer you about all questions on the game of FPL. How to play? How works FPL point system and draft? All answers you can find in this page. FPL is the most famous in Uk but there are others platforms for play at fantasy sports with real money, like Sportito: try now to play at Sportito Contest with incredibles prices.
How to Join FPL: the sign up
You can join Fantasy PL by completing the registration process with your personal details such as full name, email address, password, gender, date of birth, country of residence, postcode, mobile number and your favourite Premier League football club (you can also choose to be a General PL Fan). At the last step of FPL signup process, you will be asked to choose your email preference to send out the communications from your favourite club (as chosen in the previous step) and FPL. Once you complete the registration, you will be send a confirmation email, in order to finish the process. Fantasy Premier League users have a budget of £100M per season to use when drafting the team of 15 players for Premier League. The budget is limited and the players must be chosen under the budget even if that means you will not choose the players for your FPL team. In our blog you can check Premier League Lineups for each gameweek. To start playing, you can now simply enter your email address and password in the FPL login and sign in to your FPL account.
FPL, how to Play
The users are given a 100M budget to use in drafting the teams on FPL. You should draft a fantasy team of 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards, totalling 15 players. Here you will see more details on how to play Fantasy Premier League.
FPL Game Rules
There are FPL game rules applied, from the time you are selecting players for your fantasy squad until the final, end of the FPL season. Here are few of the rules:
- The team size must be 15 (2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 forwards)
- Budget is only £100M and mustn’t exceed.
- Only 3 players can be chosen from each Premier League club.
- Only 11 players out of the 15 players will be playing in the Gameweek.
- You can choose any formation but must include at least 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders and 1 forward.
- The chosen team captain’s points will be doubled.
- Any injured player will be replaced automatically with a player in the bench.
- Buying and selling players in the transfer market is unlimited and free, before the 1st
- After the deadline, there is only 1 free transfer allowed each Gameweek.
- Deadline of the Gameweek is 1 hour before the kick off of the first match of that Gameweek.
|EPL LINEUPS||BEST GOALKEEPERS||BEST DEFENDERS||BEST MIDFIELDERS||BEST FORWARDS|
Points system at FPL
To predict if you are choosing a good team every week, you should know how to get points in Fantasy Premier League. Throughout the season, the players are allocated FPL points based on the players’ real time performance in the Premier League, in real time matches.
- Playing up to 60 minutes: 1 point
- Playing 60 minutes or more: 2 points
- Each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender: 6 points
- Each goal scored by a midfielder: 5 points
- Each goal scored by a forward: 4 points
- Each goal assist: 3 points
- A clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender: 4 points
- A clean sheet by a midfielder: 1 point
- Every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper: 1 point
- Each penalty save: 5 points
- Each penalty miss: -2 points
- Every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender: -1 point
- Each yellow card: -1 point
- Each red card: -3 points
- Each own goal: -2 points
On Sportito there are a different point System: PLAY NOW TO TRY
What is Fpl bonus points?
FPL Bonus points is for the best players in a match. “The three best performing players in each match according to the Bonus Points System (BPS) will receive additional bonus points. 3 points will be awarded to the highest scoring player, 2 to the second best and 1 to the third. Examples of how bonus point ties will be resolved are as follows: If there is a tie for first place, Players 1 & 2 will receive 3 points each and Player 3 will receive 1 point. If there is a tie for second place, Player 1 will receive 3 points and Players 2 and 3 will receive 2 points each. If there is a tie for third place, Player 1 will receive 3 points, Player 2 will receive 2 points and Players 3 & 4 will receive 1 point each”. This is the explanation reported from official site of FPL to understand how works bonus points.
How to change players in FPL
Here are the FPL formations you are allowed to play:
If you want to change formation on FPL, you can choose a player from the bench and substitute with a player who plays a different position. As in, choose a forward for a midfielder or defender for a midfielder and your formation will be automatically change. Make sure you choose one of the FPL formations from the above list. This change can be done in the My Team section of your FPL.
Play at FPL: the prizes
Unlike the daily fantasy football platforms such as Sportito Daily Fantasy Sports, Official Fantasy Premier League follows the traditional version of playing fantasy football, which does not involve any real cash prizes. And there are no chances to win prizes daily, as Sportito offers. FPL prizes are only for the Champion of the season, the runner up of the season, 3rd place of the season, FPL Cup Winners and few monthly and weekly prizes to choose one manager. Few of the FPL prizes for the overall season winners are VIP hospitality for Premier League matches, travel and accommodation in the UK, tablet, FIFA and game console, Bluetooth speaker and FPL goody bag. Weekly and monthly winners receive only a FPL goody bag.
FPL Wildcard, how works
FPL wildcard allows you to change your FPL team without losing any Gameweek points. Only 2 cards will be allocated for you in the season. One of the wildcards must be used before the Premier League transfer window in January and the other card can be used after the transfer window closes. What is FPL wildcard? Here the explanation from official website: “A wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. Playing a wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek. You play a wildcard when you want to make multiple changes to your team, for example Gameweeks when teams are playing more than once, or when your team is underperforming or has a lot of injuries. When using a wildcard, you must remain within your current budget. There is no unlimited budget when using a wildcard”.
Unique features of Sportito, compared to Fantasy Premier League
FPL is a most famous platform but there others that are similar with some different factors. In the list below you can check unique features of Sportito compared to FPL: play now on Sportito to try a new experience.
- Chance to win real money daily
- Build a new fantasy squad every week
- Injuries and flop players don’t ruin the season
- Unlimited budget when drafting teams
- Unlimited contests everyday
- Unlimited teams to create
- Unlimited European and worldwide competitions
- Real time updates during the matches